This program aims to increase awareness of OSRIN and oil sands issues through an active website presence, sponsoring oil sands related conferences, digitizing historical information and publication of OSRIN research results.
Completed Projects and Activities
Follow the links for the results of each project or go to the ERA site to see all OSRIN Reports.
- Background Information Journalists Need for Oil Sands Articles – Janice Paskey, Mount Royal University (see also the MRU Oil Sands 101 for Journalists website)
- Conference Sponsorships
- Develop Website Structure – James Murgatroyd Communications (project led to creation of this OSRIN site)
- iGEM Oil Sands Awareness Project
- iGEM Award Sponsorship 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Innovation Asset Database – internal OSRIN project that resulted in the Who’s Who database
- Investigating a Knowledge Exchange Network for the Reclamation Community – Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures
- Media Monitoring Project – Troy Media Corp. (no report produced)
- Oil Sands Rules, Tools and Capacity: Are we Ready for Upcoming Challenges? – Oil Sands Research and Information Network
- Support to Innovation Asset Database Project – Murgatroyd Communications & Management Inc.
- U of A iGEM team sponsorship to participate at iGEM Jamboree at MIT
- University of Alberta Oil Sands Student Delegation 2012, 2013 and 2014 trips
- Web Portal Design – Murgatroyd Communications & Management Inc. (project led to creation of this OSRIN site)