This program seeks to identify social, economic and regulatory issues that may affect environmental management of oil sands and to evaluate the effectiveness of environmental management in addressing social, economic and regulatory issues.
Completed Social, Economic and Regulatory Projects
Follow the links for the results of each project or go to the ERA site to see all OSRIN Reports.
- Accounting for Environmental Liabilities under International Financial Reporting Standards – Dr. Thomas Schneider, University of Alberta
- Alberta Energy Challenge – Commerce Energy & Environment Group, University of Alberta
- Audit Protocol to Support Implementation of the Mine Financial Security Program – Richard Dixon, University of Alberta
- Canadian Oil Sands Symposium – OSRIN, Embassy of Canada in Sweden, NEI Investments and Ethix SRI Advisors
- DCM Survey of Albertan’s Value Drivers – Satya Das, Cambridge Strategies Inc.
- Factors to Consider in Estimating Oil Sands Plant Decommissioning Costs - Mark Morton, Sr., WorleyParsons
- How Qualifying Environmental Trusts Work as Reclamation Security – Richard Dixon, University of Alberta
- Impacts of Changing Environmental Requirements on Oil Sands Royalties – Elis Valera, University of Alberta
- Implications of Corporate Certification on Reclamation Security Estimates – Benjamin Thibault, Pembina Institute for Appropriate Development
- Oil Sands Then and Now: How the Dialogue has Changed - Janice Paskey, Mount Royal University
- Plain Language Explanation of Human Health Risk Assessment – Dr. Mohamed Gamal El-Din, University of Alberta
- Review of Environmental Responsibility for Oil Sands Developments under Federal Legislation – Dr. Michael Howlett, Simon Fraser University
- Review of Health Effects of Naphthenic Acids – Dr. Warren Kindzierski, University of Alberta